Mentoring and Support Service
Are you a trained Counsellor or Psychotherapist looking for a career development into private practice? Are you uncertain of how to go about it? Then you’re looking in the right place. We offer a bespoke private practitioner mentoring service, tailored to your individual needs to help you create your own private practice.
We know from experience that the transitions into Private practice can present quite a challenge when you or have been used to working within a charitable agency as a volunteer, in the NHS mental health services or are newly trained.
We will focus specifically on your requirements to achieve the goals and objectives you choose for yourself.
We support you with:
- Business Structure
- Setting up the formal requirements necessary by law to create your practice and self-employment
- Setting your own goals to build your successful business structure with good preparation and planning
- Advertising and marketing your practice to maximise your business potential
- Finding appropriate Insurance
- Tax matters and book keeping
- Professional Practice
- Defining your professional counselling/psychotherapeutic model and practice
- Choosing a Supervisor
- Creating professional ways to respond to enquiries including emails and on the telephone
- Devising your process for assessments and first sessions
- Creating contracts with your clients
- Setting your fees and the handling of the financial part of your practice
- Confidentiality boundaries
- GDPR requirements
- ICO registration
- ICO registration information
- Crisis planning
- Design of your therapy room
- Keeping yourself safe
- Managing your workload.
Contact us now for an informal chat about how we can help you.
Mentoring sessions can be arranged on a one-to-one basis, a small group session, or as an online service.